6 June 2017
I keep clients out of trouble and help them to make money by:
- advising them on their rights and liabilities in English and EU law, the intellectual property treaties and the laws of the laws of the Abu Dhabi Global Market (“ADGM”), Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”) and the Qatar Financial Centre (“QFC”); and
- drafting or reviewing licences, assignments, joint venture, software development, terms and conditions of business and other agreements or instruments that are to be construed and enforced in accordance with English, ADGM, DIFC or QFC laws.
I also act as an arbitrator and mediator on intellectual property and technology matters.
Here are examples of some of the work I do:
- advising businesses, institutions, entrepreneurs, investors, lenders, inventors, designers and creators in the GCC countries on IP strategy and representing them before the Intellectual Property Office and other tribunals;
- drafting or reviewing distribution, software development, licence, franchise and other agreements that are to be governed or enforced in accordance with English, ADGM, DIFC or QFC laws; and
- representing parties to transactions made in the GCC countries that are litigated in England and Wales.